August 29, 2009

The Light, The Divorce Has Introduced Me

This post is written by the guest author Sneha Sanyal.


When you decide
That your life is a prize
Renew and revive
It’s allright honey
It’s allright.
~ Hummer, Smashing Pumpkin

Being through the process of getting divorce isn’t easy. Practically, a divorce is like an amputation: we survive it, but there is less of us. It’s tough to believe … tough to accept and tough to act on.

And that is time when we all need support. But I came to know that the best support we get from the end of our own hands.

The inevitable sadness of a divorce lingers with the thoughts in mind:

* I wish I could get over the pain of this divorce.
* He is so happy, why can’t I be.
* I’m stuck here with no hope of ever finding another good person to be with.
* He cheated on me.
* The pain is so bad, no one can understand my pain, I can never be happy again, I will carry this pain with me forever.
* Why did he do this to me?


But there was another side of the story—I was thriving to revive—thinking, wasn’t there anything that can catapult me towards a new life? Then a new year has given me these hope:

* I am so thankful for my children.
* Although my friends don’t know exactly what I am going though, I am so lucky that they are here for me.
* Look at my pet, I am so lucky to have a buddy!
* How lucky can one be to have control over their life and the freedom to may decisions…I am so thankful for that!

How did I know these? Well, I really don’t. This is MY experience. I have seen the change I have gone though in adopting it for myself. However, it’s not easy to adopt after my divorce.

Do I miss him? No! But I miss who I thought he was. Most important, it’s much better to be sad for his absence than his presence.

Find yourself being thankful for the people in your life and the future ahead of you. REMEMBER, WHEN YOU FINALLY REALIZE YOUR LIFE IS A PRIZE…YOU WONT HIDE, YOU’ILL THRIVE!

Sneha Sanyal is a media professional who in the first 45+ years of her life, never been alone. Being with her two young children, she believes that the only way of becoming wise is being happy.

2 comments:

Divi said...

Dear Roy,

You are simply superb....
This post is really nice.... I dont know from where get kind of thoughts, ideas and writings???????//

Hats offffffff you........

Divi

Roy said...

Hey, I didn't write it. I just added the punch line and some colors here and there :)