September 13, 2008

Don’t Let Your Single Failure To Be Your Final Failure.

This post is written by the guest author Suchandra Dutt.

It was the day before the result of my twelfth final. We, my family and friends, were all excited and just on the verge of celebrating my result with bang as I never scored less than 80% of marks.

Next day, I dressed up like a princess and went to school before time. It was great time there, so many friends met after 3 month and talked about everything to anything.

Then the moments came we were waiting for.

We all jammed in our seminar room and our math teacher was announcing the name with the score: “Somadatta – 95%; Jhumki – 92%; Kiran – 88%.”

Now it’s my turn. Yeah, for the first time, I got little tensed. And then listened my name announced: “Suchandra Dutt – 56%.”

I was thinking, “Did my teacher read that right?” But my bad luck, he read that right.

And that single scorecard changed everything around me. It changed the way my friend used to talk me. It changed the way my family used to see through my eyes. It changed the way my teacher, neighbors used to love me. It changed my brightest days into darkest nightmares.

Was life easy? No! The taunts, the negligences and the humiliations made my future dusky in my own eyes – brought me down from a sweet-talented girl to a girl with no future.

Oneday I decided, “Enough is enough. If they don’t love me with my failure, do they really love me at all? Am I, as a person, not worthy enough for their love? I don’t wanna live anymore if no one loves me for what I’m.”

But my inner voice yelled to me, “Stop Suchandra. A bad score is just a fullstop in the essay of life. Don’t make your single failure to your final failure. It’s a challenge – the challenge to prove everybody out there that you’re not a loser – take that challenge!”

And I took that challenge.

Though in the next two years, literally, I couldn’t succeed to get my real-self back – after two years, finally, I acted on my chellenge and took admission in an engineering college.

And when, after one long year, another academic result hit my life, I proved every one out there that Suchandra wasn’t a loser. Because my scorecard showed: “Suchandra Dutt – 80%.”

Yes, I ain’t a loser. I just lost once. I didn’t let my single failure to become my final failure.

~ Suchandra Dutt

Suchandra Dutt is a columnist and professional speaker on the subject of peak-performance. She is currently working on her book on creative writing. An engineer by education, she stays in Kolkata with her husband and a little angel.

~ O ~

The most valuable things we can do to heal one another is sharing each others’ stories. Why not you share your story too? Share your story and give us the more reasons to celebrate. Send it here.

9 comments:

Vyzz said...

hey!

nice thoughts there...

yea we struggle everyday to get our point across...

tough life.

Vyo!

Heart'n'Soul said...

nice colum Roy
really nice... n so true... it feels better to share cuz thn u know tht as much as we keep cribbin - why me - its not true... evryone deals with thr own shit

Roy said...

@ Vyo!

Hi,

You know what; there is no struggle in facing the problem. The struggle – when the people you trust most or do care for are not with your journey or against of you. That’s tough.

We don’t need anyone’s help, we just need the feel – hey, they are with me, just a feel is enough. Otherwise, a problem which doesn’t kill us is very small.

Take care.

Roy said...

@ DivKiran –

Hey, thanks buddy though the credit goes to Suchandra :-D

***it feels better to share cuz thn u know tht as much as we keep cribbin.

You know, HOPE is more important than anything else, even wisdom. And there is no better way to garner HOPE than knowing someone who has faced the same situation but keeps moving on.

I’m a great fan of real-life story coz these stories can really illuminate our HOPE.

Be ready, anytime I can ask you all to share your story. Coz everybody has it.

Cheers!

astuti said...

Nice... :)

Roy said...

@ Astuti –

Her story or the way she shares her story - which is nice? :D

haj said...

Hey how true.goin through something similar,thanks really needed something/someone.Lets Celebrate our Today.

Anonymous said...

Hello Everyone

Thanks for appreciating the story. Though, on that time, growing with that story wasn’t easy:D

But yes, challenge helps us to grow. Maybe if I wouldn’t face that situation in my life, I would never land where I’m today.

And mr. HANDA, I loved it “dusky in my own eyes,” and the “title” ... superb!

Though, I’m surprised: are you the same roy who used to run away from English classes for not doing homework :D

I knew you are a good musician but?

Thank you all. Hope, roy wouldn’t mind if I ask him to give me more opportunity to write here.:D Thank you!

Regards,
Suchandra.

Roy said...

@ Haj –

Hey, you know — right now, whatever situation you are going through, is never going to be permanent. The only thing which’s gonna be permanent is how you carry it or how you react.

If your circumstances take over you, ok. But never let your circumstances to lead you, never! Lead the circumstances.

Yes, let's celebrate the today coz today is the youngest you could ever be.



@ Suchandra,

:-)

Same, I still run away from the homework:-D

And it’s my pleasure dear that you’ll give some of your insights here.

Always welcome:D